|The UPLIFT Alliance rallying the Troops at the Lord Mayors' Parade, 2012|
The UPLIFT ARMY WANTS YOU!
Wanting to GIVE back? Looking for a new volunteering opportunity?
There are many different ways to get involved in our project, our mission.We need hands and muscles to help out at events and creative sessions, setting up spaces and packing down the mess. We need your talents and experiences to inspire others in different corners of Barnsley. Whether that be reading, performing at your local care home, setting up a knitting group or sharing your gardening skills with a neighbour, each little thing helps to brighten someone's day.
We also getting busy making up UPLIFT Parcels and other beautiful things for people who need a boost. They are wonderful gifts but need time and effort to make them up. We also have the UPLIFT Army Theatre Troop which we are developing to head out on to the streets and share the laughter and muster up that ol' community spirit. If you would like to perform and be loud and out there, this could be for you!
We also work to support you to bloom and share your light (skills/experience/passions), linking you up with opportunities in your community working with Voluntary Action Barnsley's Good Neighbour Scheme and other initiatives locally.
We believe in People.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Bring energy, ideas, commitment and fun!
- Encourage creativity in others and allow for people to find their own strengths
- Celebrate individuality and nurture togetherness
- Be sensitive to working with people who are vulnerable and who may be suffering or in recovery from mental illness
- Be open-minded and non-judgemental. We work with people from all walks of lives. Difference is to be embraced
The kind of things we need help with:
- Our Creative and Social events: we need hands to help promote, set-up, run and tidy up
- Workshops: we need people to support artists and be a friendly face for others
- Our OCCUPATIONS: we need people who will champion the UPLIFT project and encourage others to get involved
To find out more please contact Hayley Youell at Creative Recovery on 01226 320100 ext 104